Boundaries

Since I have been 29 ( a whole two months), I have felt growth in all areas of my life. Come to find out this isn't just something that happens to me, apparently everyone feels something because of Saturn Return. I also now know that I will feel this growth when I am 58 and 84. 

So I am going to mature 3 times in my life... wonderful. 


These past few months have been a real test for me. Moving to another city, finding another job, making new friends, buying a house, and everything else that comes with change. Over these past few months I have realized that I HATE change. HATE IT. 
But why? I knew Austin was the best place for my family, I knew I wanted change, but when I actually made the change, I hated it. Have you ever hated something, but also liked it at the same time? Thats where I am at right now...thanks Saturn. 
Austin has been hard for me. It has forced me to get out of my comfort zone and explore. It has also made me realize that I am very weak when it comes to confrontation. I have been walked  over on...a lot. I also realize that at the age of 30, it is immature to be so weak. 

So I am setting boundaries to find balance..

The word boundary sometimes has a negative undertone. No girl loves to hear the word boundaries in a relationship "Yeah I really like you and all, but lets not be exclusive" and  guys REALLY hate the word boundaries in a new relationship.. " I don't kiss on the first date." Womp Womp.

But sometimes boundaries have to happen.

IN MARRIAGE... My husband and I have ZERO boundaries. For the longest time I thought this was wonderful. It meant we really loved each other. Until I realized that when we argued, there was no boundaries, don't get dramatic, we aren't hurting each other. We just say whatever we want, regardless of the hurt it may cause the other person.  When people in our lives annoyed the hell out of me and they just happen to be related to  him, I figured I could just tell him. He would understand, right? No. 

After 8 years with Alec, I realize we need boundaries. 
He doesn't need to hear me complaining all of the time.
He doesn't always need to stand up for me when family members over step. 
We can't just say whatever when we are pissed, because it is mean and super immature. We also have a son, who is learning from us. 

I love my husband, I want to be with him forever. But, I want to be taken seriously. 

Big girl panties, get over here. 


Next up, boundaries with family members. 


XOXO
Lo 








Comments

Popular Posts