You wore what!?!

Alright, when it comes to fashion I tend to think I can get away with styles that may not be the most age- appropriate. For example, I tend to think that Kim Kardashian has a cool fashion sense, I even ordered a Life of PABLO t-shirt. Yeah I did that. 
Don't worry, I realize that all these celebrities have stylists. They don't actually dress themselves. Ever. When you see them walking down the streets, they don't just magically put that outfit together, and it just happened to be altered perfect to their bodies. They actually picked that outfit out with their stylist about a week ago, and planned to walk down the street, in hopes that a picture of themselves will help them stay relevant. Oh hey paparazzi you just happen to get me walking down the street looking my best....oh yeah I forgot my agent called you. 

How do I know this? Because I have always wanted to be a fashion stylist. I LOVE helping my friends put an outfit together for a special event. They feel so good about themselves and I feel good when they feel good. These days, women beat themselves up trying so hard to relate to these girls we see in magazines, when really it is impossible, they have money to hire makeup artists and stylists and we don't.  This has taken me 29 years realize that.  

Regardless, I can appreciate good style. What I love about stylists is that they can make wardrobes unique to their clients personality. They can make one piece of clothing stand out without going over the top. Unless you want over the top.... which I do. YOLO

Again, I love to style. I am actually pretty good at it. However, I can not style myself. It is very odd. 
But times are changing. In order to find the balance in my life I have to feel good about what I look like, even if I am not exactly at my ideal weight. Looking pretty isn't everything, but respecting your body and taking care of your self is super important. Who am I these days!?!

While discussing fashion with my girlfriends the other day , they asked me which celebrity style I would like to have. I was so embarrassed because it was Kendall Jenner. My girls looked at each other, and pretty much couldn't believe that I thought I could get away with Kendall Jenner's nipple out, crop top, see-through wardrobe. I was wondering why not! Nothing wrong with a bra less grocery run, right?
And then I realized I am not 21, and I am not a supermodel. I am Lauren, and I am not trying to be sexy to stay relevant.  WTF, who do I look to? Who is a celebrity that has a "cool mom" style?

Well I did the research and these are my picks..


(glamour.com).                                            Katie Holmes


I am a big fan of her classy, simple wardrobe. She does street style well.



Jessica alba

  I am a huge ran of the "rocker look". These pieces would be super cute for a night out....oh wait I don't have a life anymore.


Rachel Zoe


Rachel Zoe is who I love to look to for the bohemian look. Maybe not with bell bottoms... short legs and bell bottoms do not mix. 


So now to tie all of these looks together... I will be putting some cute looks together and adding them to my Instagram. I am a cheap shopper, so everything I wear will be reasonably priced.

Follow my Instagram to see the looks @loleelovesit. I will be posting soon.

Love to you all and God bless everyone in Houston.

Lo







Comments

Popular Posts