Haters Gonna Hate..

Why you hatin?


Ok, so I wouldn't necessarily say I have haters. I am not that cool.   I would say I have people I dont agree with and that I  may be a tad bit jealous of.  I will admit it... I tend to gossip. It's a nasty little habit that I have become more aware of and I am trying to stop. I dont know why I do it. Social anxiety maybe? Or maybe I am just a tad immature at times... naaaah.

Whether it be at work, with friends, or even family, sometimes we tend to be haters. "Hey how is Sandy doing? Oh she is good, but did you hear about this... "There are the mom haters, the women haters, the marriage haters, and the  I hate everything haters.  I feel like we all have haters and we all are haters.


                                 (It's all fun and games until someone gets an ant bite....Conor)

Moms tend to hate on other moms because we are either jealous that the other mom has it together or because we think we are doing a better job at being a mom. I think I am more of the jealous type when it comes to being a mom, because Lord knows I dont have it together. I do want to defend myself though, just because I don't publicize the amazing things I do with my child, doesn't mean I am not a good mom. I'm just more humble than you are :)  kidding.

Why do we hate on other moms? I have recently felt "hated on" because I may look at my phone too much during the day when I am with my kid, or I am not giving my child all of my attention during the day. I really beat myself up over this...until I realized, that the person that is hating on me has their own problems. Why do we hate on each other, when we aren't the greatest!?! I felt like I have had to defend what I am doing. If I am defending myself, am I actually doing what is right? I think at times we do need to improve, but at other times I think people like to focus on someone else to escape their own reality. Oh the web we weave. 

We hate because we are jealous. Period. I remember hating on marriage when all my friends were getting married, because I wanted to be married and Alec was dragging his feet. Oh marriage? That is so lame. Who would want to get married? A baby? Yeah right. Gross. 

Sometimes I still hate on being a stay at home mom , mostly because I don't understand the desire to do it. That is me being a mom hater, and I tend to hate more when my job is killing me.... hater. 


The problem is we aren't in high school anymore. If you are in college then just keep doin you. You will learn! ha.  Us old as dirt folks have little eyes on us and/or big eyes on us. My husband is always ready to teach me a new moral lesson.

A lot of times I see a friend getting their feelings hurt because they have been excluded from something. Why do people do that? To intentionally hurt others feelings? Or to get back at that friend for something she did in the past.  It's like the F-ing  mean girls up in this B. ( I had to stop cussing, my mom didn't like it..your welcome Dora).

I have been left out of several things, and when all of your group of friends are invited, you know its intentional. It gets you thinking, why doesn't she like me? Why is she so exclusive? Why do I care?

This is the part where you think about who you have excluded and why. 

Do we exclude because we want to prove something? Do we exclude to get closer to someone else? Do we exclude because we don't care about the friendship with that person? At that point you need to both realize you are not friends and move along. 



                                                        (Like I have any room to hate) 


Why do we care?

We care because we want to be accepted. It is human nature to want to be accepted in life. Here is a tip of advice, when you feel like excluding someone think about it this way, would I want my kid to be excluded from a party? Do I want my kid to learn that excluding people is okay? No. Because it isn't.
Unless your annoying...then re-evaluate yourself girlfriend. If your not getting invited anywhere...then it might be you..just sayin.

Oh and thanks social media for blasting it everywhere that we aren't invited to something!! Lets just rub salt on that wound. 

On the other hand, when you get invited somewhere...GO. People start to get annoyed when you dont show up for anything. Eventually your invitation "gets lost in the mail."  I can't stick up for you on that one.

Do me a favor, be nice to each other. Support your friends. You find out who your friends are when you start a new endeavor... like a blog. Writing a blog and becoming more present on social media isn't exactly the "norm" for my group of friends and family, but some have shown so much support for me, just by an Instagram post that they usually would never do. THANK YOU.

Be good to each other.

Lo
                                            (Conor throwing a punch at me for being a hater)





Comments

Popular Posts